The top 10 list of the best restaurants in Zurich
Zurich is a city with a rich culinary diversity that has something to offer for every taste. Whether traditional Swiss cuisine, exotic specialties or modern fusions, here you will find restaurants that impress with quality, creativity and atmosphere. In this blog post we present you our top 10 list of the best restaurants in Zurich that you should definitely try.
1. Kronenhalle: This legendary restaurant is a classic among Zurich restaurants and has been offering excellent cuisine in an elegant ambience since 1924. The menu includes Swiss dishes such as Zurich Geschnetzeltes, veal liver or Rösti, but also international classics such as Wiener Schnitzel or Steak Tartare. The walls are decorated with works of art by Picasso, Chagall and Miró decorated, which give the restaurant a special charm.
2. Haus Hiltl: The oldest vegetarian restaurant in the world was founded in 1898 and is still a popular meeting place for vegetarians and vegans today. Haus Hiltl offers a diverse buffet with over 100 dishes from all over the world, prepared fresh and healthy. From Indian curries to Mediterranean salads to Swiss cheese spaetzle, there is something for everyone. The restaurant also has a bar, lounge and rooftop terrace with views over the city.
3. Rive Gauche: Rive Gauche is a modern and stylish restaurant in the Hotel Baur au Lac, offering creative cuisine with a French flair. The menu changes depending on the season and offers sophisticated dishes such as lobster thermidor, duck breast with orange-cardamom sauce or chocolate soufflé with vanilla ice cream. The restaurant is also known for its excellent wine list and attentive service.
4. zeughauskeller: Thezeughauskeller is a quaint and cozy restaurant in a historic building from the 15th century that formerly served as a weapons depot. Today the restaurant serves typical Swiss specialties such as fondue, raclette, sausage salad or Zurich stew in large portions and at fair prices. Thezeughauskeller is an ideal place for a sociable evening with friends or family.
5. Rico's Kunststuben: Rico's Kunststuben is one of the most renowned restaurants in Switzerland and has been awarded two Michelin stars and 18 Gault Millau points. The restaurant is located in an idyllic country house on Lake Zurich and is run by top chef Rico Zandonella, who creates innovative and sophisticated cuisine. The menu varies depending on what the market offers and offers exquisite dishes such as turbot with artichoke barigoule, sweetbreads with morels or venison with celery puree.
6. Clouds: Clouds is a trendy and urban restaurant on the 35th floor of the Prime Tower, the tallest building in Switzerland. The restaurant offers spectacular views over the city and lake and a modern kitchen with Mediterranean and Asian influences. The menu includes dishes such as tuna tartare with avocado, rack of lamb with couscous or coconut crème brûlée.
7. Mesa: Mesa is an elegant and intimate restaurant in the heart of the city, offering fine dining using local produce. The restaurant has been awarded one Michelin star and 16 Gault Millau points and is led by chef Marcus G. Lindner, who conjures up harmonious and creative cuisine. The menu offers a seasonal menu; with dishes such as scallops with beetroot espuma, venison medallions with pumpkin gnocchi or apple strudel with cinnamon ice cream.
8. Rosaly's: Rosaly's is a charming and cozy restaurant in an old farmhouse that offers authentic Italian cuisine. The restaurant is run by the Rosaly family, who come from Sicily and share their passion for Mediterranean cuisine. The menu includes classic dishes such as Spaghetti Carbonara, Pizza Margherita or Saltimbocca alla Romana, but also original creations such as ravioli with ricotta and pear or salmon fillet with a pistachio crust.
9. Kindli: Kindli is a traditional and romantic restaurant in a historic 16th century building, offering Swiss-French cuisineet. The restaurant is known for its fish and meat dishes prepared on the charcoal grill, such as trout Müllerin, veal cutlet or entrecôte Café de Paris. The restaurant also has a beautiful terrace, which is perfect for relaxing in the summer.
10. Blindekuh: Blindekuh is a unique and exciting restaurant that is served in complete darkness. The restaurant was founded by a blind priest and aims to sharpen the senses of guests and bring them closer to the world of the blind. The menu offers surprising dishes that are only revealed at the table, such as lentil soup with coconut milk, pork fillet with apricots or chocolate cake with vanilla sauce.