The top 10 list of the best restaurants in Munich
Munich is a city with a rich culinary tradition and a diverse gastronomy scene. Whether you are in the mood for Bavarian delicacies, international specialties or vegetarian delicacies, you are guaranteed to find the right restaurant to suit your taste here. In this blog post we present you the top 10 list of the best restaurants in Munich that you should definitely try.
1. Tantris: Tantris is one of the most renowned restaurants in Germany and has been awarded two Michelin stars and 19 Gault Millau points. The restaurant offers a modern interpretation of French haute cuisine with Asian influences. The menu changes seasonally and has an excellent wine selection. The ambience is elegant and stylish, with red velvet armchairs, gold lamps and artwork on the walls.
2. Broeding: Broeding is an insider tip for all lovers of Austrian cuisine. The restaurant serves a six-course menu every evening, prepared from regional and seasonal ingredients. The dishes are creative and sophisticated, such as the salmon trout with beetroot salad, horseradish foam and caviar or the sweetbreads with celery puree, apple chutney and truffle jus. There is also an excellent selection of Austrian wines.
3. Schuhbecks: Schuhbecks is the restaurant of the well-known television chef Alfons Schuhbeck, who is known for his spiced cuisine. The restaurant offers a mix of traditional Bavarian dishes and oriental flavors, such as the pork knuckle with saffron mashed potatoes, dates and almonds or the duck breast with couscous, pomegranate and mint. The restaurant is located in a historic building on Platzl and has a cozy atmosphere.
4. Les Deux: Les Deux is a restaurant with two faces: On the ground floor is the bistro, which offers light and uncomplicated cuisine, such as salads, quiches and tarte flambée. On the first floor is the gourmet restaurant, which has been awarded one Michelin star and 17 Gault-Millau points. The restaurant offers creative cuisine with Mediterranean and Asian accents, such as the scallops with cauliflower cream, coriander oil and curry or the venison with celery puree, figs and port wine.
5. Atelier: The Atelier is the flagship restaurant of the Hotel Bayerischer Hof and has been awarded three Michelin stars and 19 Gault Millau points. The restaurant offers avant-garde cuisine with international influences, created by chef Jan Hartwig. The menu changes regularly and offers dishes such as lobster with grapefruit, avocado and caviar or Wagyu beef with asparagus, morels and wild garlic. The restaurant impresses with its modern design with artwork by Axel Crieger.
6. EssZimmer: The EssZimmer is the restaurant in the BMW Welt building and has been awarded two Michelin stars and 18 Gault-Millau points. The restaurant offers contemporary cuisine using regional products prepared by chef Bobby Bräuer. The menu offers dishes such as pike perch with rhubarb, asparagus and tarragon or rack of lamb with artichokes, olives and rosemary. The restaurant impresses with its elegant ambience with a view of the BMW Welt.
7. Dallmayr: Dallmayr is a traditional delicatessen that also houses a restaurant that has been awarded two Michelin stars and 18 Gault-Millau points. The restaurant offers classic cuisine with French and Mediterranean influences, prepared by chef Diethard Urbansky. The menu offers dishes such as the goose liver with rhubarb, brioche and pistachios or the veal fillet with morels, asparagus and potato gratin. The restaurant is located in an elegant salon with chandeliers and stucco.
8. Werneckhof by Geisel: Werneckhof by Geisel is a restaurant with a Japanese flair that has been awarded two Michelin stars and 18 Gault Millau points. The restaurant offers fusion cuisine with Japanese and European elements prepared by Executive Chef Tohru Nakamura. The menu offers dishes such as tuna with cucumber, wasabi and sesame or theres Wagyu beef with carrot, ginger and miso. The restaurant is located in an Art Nouveau building with wood paneling and origami art.
9. Acquarello: Acquarello is a restaurant with Italian charm that has been awarded one Michelin star and 17 Gault Millau points. The restaurant offers authentic Italian cuisine using local products prepared by chef Mario Gamba. The menu offers dishes such as the pasta with porcini mushrooms, truffles and parmesan or the veal chop with artichokes, lemons and capers. The restaurant is located in a stylish basement with a vaulted ceiling and candlelight.
10. Schwarzreiter: Schwarzreiter is a restaurant with Bavarian flair that has been awarded one Michelin star and 16 Gault Millau points. The restaurant offers a modern interpretation of Bavarian cuisine using regional products, prepared by chef Anton Pozeg. The menu offers dishes such as the char with beetroot salad, horseradish foam and caviar or the pork cheek with mashed potatoes, apple chutney and beer jus. The restaurant is located in an elegant room with wooden floors and leather chairs.