The top 10 list of the best restaurants in Luxembourg
Luxembourg is a small country with a great culinary diversity. The cuisine is shaped by the influences of the neighboring countries France, Germany and Belgium, but also by our own tradition and creativity. Whether you fancy a Michelin-starred menu, a regional specialty or an international delicacy, you are sure to find the right restaurant to suit your taste in Luxembourg. In this blog post we present you the top 10 list of the best restaurants in Luxembourg that you should definitely visit.
1. Mosconi: Mosconi is the only restaurant in Luxembourg to be awarded two Michelin stars. Chef Ilario Mosconi pampers his guests with sophisticated Italian cuisine based on fresh and high-quality ingredients. The restaurant is located on the picturesque waterfront of the Grund district and offers a wonderful view of the Alzette. The menu changes depending on the season and always offers new surprises. A highlight is the tasting menu, which consists of six courses and is accompanied by a selection of fine wines.
2. Clairefontaine: Clairefontaine is an elegant restaurant in the heart of the city that boasts one Michelin star and 17 Gault-Millau points. Chef Arnaud Magnier creates modern French cuisine that combines tradition and innovation. The dishes are artfully prepared and impress with their flavor intensity and harmony. The ambience is stylish and cozy, with a lovely garden where you can dine when the weather is nice.
3. Lea Linster: Lea Linster is one of the most famous chefs in the world and the first woman to win the prestigious Bocuse d'Or. Her eponymous restaurant in Frisange is a temple of haute cuisine where she pampers her guests with classic French cuisine. The menu is clear and offers only a few dishes, but they are all of the highest quality. The products are seasonal and regional, the preparation is perfect and the presentation is simple and elegant. The restaurant has been awarded one Michelin star and 18 Gault Millau points.
4. Ma Langue Sourit: Ma Langue Sourit is a modern restaurant in Moutfort that has been awarded one Michelin star and 16 Gault Millau points. Chef Cyril Molard offers creative cuisine based on playing with textures, flavors and colors. The dishes are original and surprising, but always balanced and harmonious. The restaurant has a minimalist style that puts the focus on the food.
5. Guillou Campagne: The Guillou Campagne is a cozy country inn in Schouweiler, known for its authentic Luxembourgish cuisine. The chef Jean Guillou prepares his dishes according to old family recipes, which he refines with a touch of modernity. The house specialties are Judd mat Gaardebounen (smoked pork neck with beans), Bouneschlupp (bean soup) and Quetschentaart (plum cake). The restaurant has a rustic charm, with exposed beams, log fires and a friendly atmosphere.
6. La Cristallerie: La Cristallerie is a luxurious restaurant in the Hotel Place d'Armes that has been rewarded with one Michelin star and 15 Gault Millau points. Chef Fabrice Salvador conjures up a sophisticated cuisine based on the contrast between sweet and sour. The dishes are artfully prepared and please the eye and the palate. The restaurant is located in a magnificent hall with chandeliers, mirrors and crystal glass, creating an elegant and romantic atmosphere.
7. La Distillerie: La Distillerie is an exceptional restaurant in Bourglinster Castle that has been awarded one Michelin star and 15 Gault Millau points. The chef René Mathieu is a pioneer of vegetarian cuisine, which he refines with an artistic touch. The dishes are inspired by nature and the seasons and consist of fresh and organic ingredients that come from their own garden or from local producers. The restaurant has a historic character, with wood paneling, fireplaces and paintings that create a warm and noble atmosphere.
8. Kamakura: The Kamakura is the best Japanesesche restaurant in Luxembourg and one of the few to be decorated with a Michelin star and 14 Gault-Millau points. Chef Toshio Shimizu prepares authentic Japanese cuisine based on the philosophy of Zen. The dishes are simple and pure, but full of flavor and freshness. The restaurant offers a variety of menus, each consisting of a variety of sushi, sashimi, tempura, teppanyaki and other specialties. The restaurant has a minimalist style that reflects Japanese aesthetics.
9. L'adresse: L'adresse is a trendy city center restaurant, awarded with one Michelin star and 14 Gault Millau points. Chef Thierry Duhr offers creative cuisine based on the mix of flavors and textures. The dishes are innovative and original, but always respectful of the products and their quality. The restaurant has an urban style, with an open kitchen, a lounge area and a terrace.
10. Brasserie Guillaume: Brasserie Guillaume is a Luxembourg institution and one of the best addresses for fish and seafood lovers. The restaurant offers a wide range of fresh fish, crustaceans, mussels and oysters, prepared according to traditional or modern recipes. The menu changes depending on what the market offers and always offers new delicacies. The restaurant has a lively style, with a large bar, an aquarium and a terrace.