The top 10 list of the best restaurants in Leipzig
Leipzig is a city with a rich culinary tradition and diversity. Whether you're looking for local, international or exotic cuisine, you're sure to find something to please your taste buds here. In this blog post we introduce you to the top 10 restaurants in Leipzig that you should definitely visit.
- Auerbachs Keller: This historic restaurant is one of the oldest and most famous in Germany. Goethe already dined here and had a meal here. be inspired by the atmosphere. The menu offers classic German dishes such as sauerbraten, beef roulades or pork knuckle, but also modern creations such as salmon fillet with asparagus or beef fillet with truffle sauce.
- Falco: If you want to treat yourself to something special, then Falco is the right address. The restaurant is located on the 27th floor of The Westin Leipzig Hotel and offers spectacular views over the city. The cuisine is of the highest standard and has been awarded two Michelin stars. The dishes are creative and sophisticated, such as the scallop with cucumber, apple and caviar or the sweetbread with celery, pear and walnut.
- Zill's Tunnel: For a cozy and rustic atmosphere, we recommend Zill's Tunnel. The restaurant is located in an old vaulted cellar under the Nikolaikirche and serves traditional Saxon specialties such as Quarkkulchen, Leipziger Allerlei or Dresdner Eierschecke. You can also enjoy a cold beer or a good wine.
- Chinese burners: If you fancy Asian cuisine, then you should try Chinese burners. The restaurant offers authentic Chinese dishes from different regions such as Sichuan, Hunan or Canton. The dishes are fresh, aromatic and spicy, such as the Mapo Tofu, the beef with chili and garlic or the fried noodles with vegetables and egg.
- Max Enk: For a modern and elegant atmosphere you can visit Max Enk. The restaurant is located in the center of Leipzig and offers a creative fusion of Mediterranean and regional cuisine. The dishes are seasonal, fresh and high quality, such as the asparagus soup with Parma ham, the rack of lamb with ratatouille or the strawberry-rhubarb tart.
- Maharadscha: If you are craving Indian cuisine, then Maharaja is a good choice. The restaurant is comfortably furnished and exudes an oriental charm. The menu offers a wide range of Indian dishes, from vegetarian to meaty, from mild to spicy. Try, for example, the Dal Makhani, the Butter Chicken or the Lamb Korma.
- Sol y Mar: For a taste of Spain you can visit Sol y Mar. The restaurant is bright and friendly and offers a typically Spanish atmosphere. The menu offers a variety of tapas, paellas and other Spanish specialties, which you can round off with a glass of sangria or a mojito.
- Villers: If you are interested in French cuisine, then Villers is a good address. The restaurant is located in the Hotel Fürstenhof and offers an elegant ambience and excellent service. The cuisine is classic French with a modern touch, such as the goose liver terrine with fig mustard, the entrecôte with bearnaise sauce or the crème brûlée.
- Telegraph: For light and healthy cooking, you can visit Telegraph. The restaurant is located in the heart of Leipzig and offers modern and stylish furnishings. The menu offers a selection of salads, soups, sandwiches and other snacks that you can complement with a smoothie or a coffee.
- Stadtpfeiffer: If you are enthusiastic about fine cuisine, then Stadtpfeiffer is worth recommending. The restaurant is located in the Gewandhaus and has been awarded a Michelin star. The cuisine is innovative and artistic, such as the foie gras with rhubarb, the venison with pointed cabbage or the chocolate variation with cherries.